Maintenance Tips for the HP ProBook 4310S Battery
There are two types of HP ProBook 4310S Battery: the 4-cell Lithium-ion (Li-Ion) laptop battery rated at 14.4V dc, 37Whr, 2.5 Ah; and the 8-cell Li-ion, 2.55 Ah, 73Whr batteries. The battery uses the highest quality graded and sorted “A” Grade cells, provides excellent discharge characteristics and has undergone a comprehensive quality testing throughout the manufacturing and assembly process.
Things to consider when purchasing batteries for HP ProBook 4310S
Before purchasing the battery for HP ProBook 4310S either from an online or offline store, it is recommended that you ensure that it is made of good quality cells and has passed the certification standards. The battery should have a protection circuit board and ought not be a refurbished one. In addition you should pay a lot of attention to the warranty period that accompanies that particular battery.
Taking proper care of your battery and the HP ProBook 4310S adapter will ensure that it is ready to work effectively every time you need it. Below are a few maintenance tips that will ensure that you get the optimal performance from your battery pack:
1. Keep your battery clean by wiping it with alcohol and a soft cloth, but never modify or disassemble the battery pack.
2. Avoid extreme temperatures; do not leave the laptop in a hot car or cold weather. Cold batteries can’t create as much power as your laptop may require, and hot batteries will likely discharge very quickly.
3. Do not leave your battery in an inactive condition for an extended period of time. If you usually use AC power, then you should use the battery periodically to keep it in good condition.
4. Try to condition the HP battery every 2-3 weeks, which implies that you should fully discharge it by running it until the computer shuts down by itself. Conditioning is always good for the health of the battery and the notebook as well.
5. Never leave your HP ProBook 4310S adapter and battery plugged into an electric outlet long after you have completed using your machine. This is a common mistake made by individuals especially those who use their laptops as desktop replacements. Leaving the adapter plugged into a power socket maintains an air of electricity has serious consequences such as causing damage to the interior components of the HP charger thereby rendering it useless.
6. In order to extend the battery life, ensure that you set the level of brightness of your machine’s screen to the minimum. Besides, remove any unnecessary device like wireless or a USB powered device which are not in use.
7. The battery pack ought to be charged for 12 hours when you charge them for the first time. This is necessary because the battery for HP ProBook 4310S comes in a discharged condition at the time of the purchase and will therefore require a full charge before you can start using it. Note that 12 hours is the maximum, but you can still use it while charging.
Rate this Article:
Add your comment: